transfer a UK pension

Some clients who move over from the UK may be able to bring their pension benefits with them, but precisely what they will receive in Australia can be a mystifying matter, writes Claudine Siou. 

Clients who emigrate from the United Kingdom (UK) to Australia, may have the opportunity to transfer their benefits in a UK-registered pension scheme to an Australian superannuation fund registered as a Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme (QROPS).